FOR WOUNDED WARRIOR FAMILIES IN WA STATE ONLY
The Emergency Assistance Program provides direct financial support for wounded service members and their families in Washington state. Heartbeat Serving Wounded Warriors helps with many crises that happen when there is reduced income or delayed military pay:
- Rent is due or past due. Eviction might be an outcome.
- A wounded service member is in the hospital and has no family close by. A close relative can’t visit and offer emotional support because travel expenses are too high.
- Utilities are scheduled for shut-off. There might be no heat in the middle of winter and no warm water for bathing.
- There isn’t enough money to buy food for the whole family.
- A wounded warrior’s parent in another state has a heart attack, but there isn’t money for airfare.
When life crises occur, Heartbeat provides funds to help wounded service members and their families get through the difficult times. No repayment occurs.